Minutes of Canadian Museum of Nature PIPSC Group Annual General Meeting
18 December 2017, 12-12:30 pm, Natural Heritage Campus, Canadian Museum of Nature
Chair: Jeff Saarela (President)
Members Present: Robert Anderson, Xia-Chun Wu, Kathy Conlan, Lynn Gillespie, Jean-Marc Gagnon, Aaron Lussier, Jordan Mallon, Danielle Fraser, Dominique Fauteux, Jennifer Doubt (Treasurer), Kieran Shepherd
Members Absent: Paula Piilonen, Erika Anderson, Kamal Khidas, Kathy Stewart, Andre Martel, Troy McMullin
- Call to order by Jeff, 12:00 noon
- 2015 minutes
- Minutes were circulated after the 2015 AGM. No changes were proposed.
- The following new members were welcomed officially to the group: Aaron Lussier, Danielle Fraser, Dominique Fauteux, Erika Anderson, Troy McMullin.
- Appreciation was noted for the long service to the Museum of the following recently retired members: Brian Coad, Claude Renaud, Scott Ercit and Michel Poulin.
- The Treasurer's report (attached) was tabled by Jennifer Doubt:
- Approved by the membership.
- the group has a healthy balance; members were asked to think about ways to utilize these resources, such as team building activities.
- The President's report was presented by Jeff Saarela, including a general discussion of various issues:
- a summary of the recent Union-Management Committee meeting was provided;
- members were reminded to be aware of the terms of the Collective Agreement; workload issues were a big topic for discussion last time, but none have been brought forward for this meeting or for Union-Management meetings this year.
- it was noted that our collective agreement expires on 30 September 2018, and members were asked to start thinking about issues to be raised in the next round of negotiations; negotiations could start as soon as the fall.
- there was a short discussion about office space shortage for the large number of research associates at the Museum;
- Jeff noted that he is currently the groups only Steward, renewed until 2019, and that other members should consider becoming a Steward.
- Nomination of a new Executive
Jeff presented the following nominations for a new Executive group:
President: Dr. Troy McMullin
Vice President: Dr. Jordan Mallon
Treasurer: Dr. Aaron Lussier
Voting was held by a show of hands and all nominees were unanimously elected. The new Executive was warmly welcomed.
- Kathy Conlan expressed thanks, on behalf of the group, to the outgoing Executive, for their work.
- Adjournment by Jeff, 12:15 pm.