The Bargaining Team met on Wednesday July 5, 2017 to consider a Memorandum of Settlement that was offered by the company. Your Bargaining team and Group Executive agreed to unanimously recommend the acceptance of the settlement. Lunch and Learn events will be held near the workplace to present the offer to the membership. An invite will be sent out via my NAV CANADA account shortly (Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org). I will also, be sending you a Ratification Kit where you will be asked to vote on the new agreement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are planning vacation July 14 and July 21 please provide an alternate email to ensure you receive voting instructions
Duration and Economic Increases:
- Duration of two years, expiring April 30, 2019.
- Economic increases effective May 1, 2017 of 4% and 3.25% effective May 1, 2018
Work Family Life Balance
- Work Family Life Balance enhancements including easier access to Compressed Work Week, Variable Work Hours, Telework Arrangements, and a Trial for a reduced four (4) day work week.
- The introduction of a Leave with income averaging program on April 30, 2019.
- Deletion of severance pay on retirement
- Existing employees, who are entitled to severance pay, will have their severance pay entitlement frozen as of date of ratification.
- The following options will be available to existing Employees
- Immediately cash out their severance pay as of the date of ratification at the rate of pay in effect at the date of ratification; OR
- Retain the accumulated weeks of severance with a payout on retirement only, at their exit rate of pay.
- All regular employees on force as of the date of ratification will receive an additional non-pensionable lump sum payment of $5000.00.
All other modified articles will be sent out with the ratification kit and presented during the lunch and Learn sessions