Hamilton/Burlington NR Sub-Group Executive Meeting # 3


Tuesday July 4, 2017 @ 12.00 pm

Location: Kelsey’s Restaurant, 777 Guelph Line, Burlington ON

  1. Welcome and Attendance
    1. Frank Seglenieks, Ryan Breivik and Shirley Anne Smyth were in attendance.  Sandra Kok sent her regrets.
  1. Approval of Agenda
    1. Moved by Shirley Anne that the agenda be accepted as presented.  Seconded by Frank.
  1. Review and Approval of the Minutes of the Apr 28, 2017 executive meeting
    1. Sandra did not have a chance to prepare the Apr 28 minutes.  They will be ready for review at the next meeting.
  1. Business Arising from the Minutes
    1. The executive needs to meet in early September to plan sub-group activities and the AGM
  1. Financial Report
    1. Moved by Frank that the financial report be accepted as presented.  Seconded by Ryan.
  1. New Business
    1. Phoenix – keep records, take action promptly if you discover errors.
    2. VOTE on agreement – Shirley Anne will send a final reminder to the sub-group before the July 6 deadline.
    3. Back-pay accuracy – the sub-group would probably be interested in a Lunch and Learn once the collective agreement is finalized, to determine how to ensure that retroactive pay is correct.  Shirley Anne will ask Enzo (president of SP sub-group) if they are planning something.  Target date in September.
    4. Presidents Meeting and NR AGM June 9/10 – Frank attended on behalf of the sub-group and gave an overview of these meetings.  He commented that the NR bylaws do not allow for motions from the floor; all motions need to be presented in advance.  Shirley Anne will review the sub-group by-laws for any limitations on motions.
    5. Summer BBQ July 26 date confirmed.  Shirley Anne will ensure that the tables and barbeques are left in place after the SP BBQ the previous day.  Frank will order burgers, sausages, buns, salads and cookies from the Green Café.  Shirley Anne will send out an invitation to the sub-group 2 weeks prior so we can confirm numbers for food.
  1. Next meeting dates
    1. Ryan will send around a Doodle poll in early Sept to determine the next meeting date.
  1. Adjournment
    1. Moved by Frank, seconded by Ryan, adjournment at 1:10 pm