Essex-Kent SH Sub-Group Annual General Meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 11th, 2017
5 to 8 p.m.
St. Andrew’s United Church Hall
85 William Street South, Chatham, ON
Roll call: welcomed members, executive committee and guest speakers
Approval of the agenda: Mina Ghadiri, seconded by Moira Walko-Eggett
Treasurer: Moira, talked about union expenses and the available budget for the remainder of the year.
Speaker: Diana Reno, steward and past representative at Regional Union Management Consultation
Committee (RUMCC), talked about her accomplishments and her role in RUMCC and the need for further union/management collaboration.
- Vice-president: Diana Reno 1-year term- expires May 2018
- Secretary: Nicole Bettencourt 2-year term - expires May 2019
- Michael van den Berg expires May 2018
- Mina Ghadiri expires May 2018
- Sherry Thomas expires May 2019
- Sheila Halls expires May 2019
- Gillian McGee expires May 2019
- Carly Dufour expires May 2019
Speaker: Mélanie Chenier, Employment Relations Officer (ERO), talked about union representation and its role in the work place and basic introduction to PIPSC website and available resources
Door prizes were given throughout the event.
Adjournment of meeting