This page is now archived. Please visit www.pipsc.ca for the new website and update your bookmarks

logo

PIPSC Greenwood Branch Executive & Annapolis Valley SH Sub-Group Executive

HELD SEPTEMBER 23, 2009 AT 1645 HRS

September 28, 2009

Members in Attendance:
Marcel Journeay, President (Greenwood Branch)
Anne Dort, Treasurer (Greenwood Branch)
Eva Henshaw, Secretary/ Treasurer CS Sub-Group
Steve Moores, CS Sub-Group President
Rhonda Gullage, SH Sub-Group President
Colin Muise, Secretary/Treasurer SD Sub-Group

Absent:
Joe Beninati, Vice-President

INTRODUCTORY REMARKS:

1. Marcel Journeay called the meeting to order at 1710 hrs. Minutes from the last branch meeting held in May 2009 were read. Motion to accept the last minutes by Marcel Journeay, seconded by Anne Dort; motion passed.

2. As this was the first executive meeting for the SH sub-group, no minutes were available for review.

DISCUSSION

ACTION/INFO

2. OLD BUSINESS

a. ARC resolution. Marcel Journeay explained the results that were passed on the number of delegates for the Atlantic region. Small branches will receive one seat every three years.

INFO
STEWARDS

b. Nil for SH Sub-Group.

INFO

3. NEW BUSINESS

b. Shirts. Marcel explained the Atlantic Executive would be purchasing shirts and was soliciting the branch to see if there is an interest in adding on to the order for Greenwood. After discussing cost and benefits, it was decided not to acquire such items at this time. It was decided to look into promotional items that may be available from national office for giveaways at certain functions. Marcel stated he would contact PIPSC to find out this possibility.

INFO
BRANCH PRESIDENT

c. UMCC. Marcel Journeay mentioned the next meeting at the Wing UMCC would be in November. He would like any issues that stewards want to have raised be brought to his attention before November. The need to have more representation at the meeting of PIPSC stewards was discussed. Eva Henshaw will contact members in smaller units to see if any issues need to be addressed. Rhonda will contact members of the SH Sub-group to determine issues/concerns. Any unresolved issues from the unit level need to be sent to Marcel for discussion at the Wing level.

ALL

d. OSH. No one at the meeting was aware of any member sitting on an OSH committee at their respective units. PIPSC representation at the Wing OSH will be Dan McIssac and Harry Vincent. Representation does not have to be a steward and training is made available. If any member of the SH Sub-Group becomes involved with OSH, inform Marcel.

INFO

e. Christmas Luncheon. The date has been tentatively set for the 3rd of Dec. (Thursday). The place is yet to be determined. Options will be looked into and a vote will take place through email for the venue. Falcourt Inn and Union Café were two of the options being considered.

ALL

f. Branch AGM. The time in which the next Branch AGM will take place was discussed. Since the allotment of funds does not have an affect on the timeframe of the AGM, it was agreed to hold the 2010 AGM in the April/May timeframe. The SH Sub-Group AGM will be held with the Branch AGM. Date TBD.

ALL

g. The CA for the SH Sub-Group was signed on August 26, 2009 and retroactive pay is forthcoming (they have 90 calendar days to deposit retro pay).

STEWARDS

4. OPEN DISCUSSION

a. Name Pins. Marcel mentioned the recently received email from Mona to stewards asking if anyone would like to order Name Pins. It is highly encouraged to respond.

5. ADJOURNMENT. Adjournment of the meeting was at 1840 hrs, motioned by Anne Dort and seconded by Steve Moores. Next Greenwood Branch Executive meeting is scheduled for October 28, 2009 and the next SH Sub-Group Meeting is TBA.

INFO

Original signed by

CJ Muise
Secretary/Treasurer
1469

Original signed by

R Gullage
President
5329

Distribution List

SH Sub-Group Members
PIPSC Region Halifax


Publish Date: 12-JAN-2010 02:49 PM