AC Director’s Report from July 10, 2010 AC meeting
This was the third meeting of the Advisory Council (AC) for 2010.
The meeting agenda included a full range of topics of interest to members: Pensions & Benefits; 2011 PIPSC budget; Essential Services Agreements; PSMA/PSLRA review.
1. President Corbett presented a report on recent Institute activities and answered questions from AC members.
2. Denis Bourguignon (Chief Financial Officer) presented the 2011 PIPSC Budget and discussed other financial matters (Finance portal; Electronic Claims Process; Treasurer’s Handbook etc).
3. AC By-Law 10.4.1 (Composition) – Mark Kohli (PSLRA 1-1 & Consultation Team representative on the AC Steering Committee) led a discussion on the interpretation of By-Law 10.4.1 on the composition of the AC.
Action: Robert Bowie-Reed (Chair of Working Group on Consultation), Mark Kohli and Kofi Crentsil to re-examine AC composition and propose a way forward.
4. Essential Services Agreement (ESA) – David Calvert (PIPSC Negotiator) provided an overview of the ESA process.
5. Pensions & Benefits – VP Shannon Bittman gave an update on Public Service pensions and benefits.
Action: Shannon to provide an update on Retired Members Guild (RMG) Dental Benefits to AC members.
6. Public Service Modernization Act (PSMA)/Public Service Labour Relations Act (PSLRA) review – VP Debi Daviau summarized the highlights of the Institute’s submission on PSMA review.
Action: Debi to provide AC members with a copy of the Institute PSMA/PSLRA review submission.
7. Dates of Meetings;
a. AC Steering Committee – October 2, 2010.
b. AC meetings – November 6, 2010.
Reported by Kofi Crentsil