Canadian Museum of Civilization (CMC) Group
The CMC Group 2010 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held as follows:
Time: Noon to 1:30 p.m.
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Place: Ateliers 1 and 2 – Canadian Museum of Civilization
Lunch will be served. Please confirm your attendance for planning purposes.
1. Roll Call (members of the Group Executive)
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting (June 23 2009)
4. Matter arising: By-Laws Review Committee?
5. Report of the President
6. A word from the Negotiator
7. Treasurer’s Report
8. Vacancies on Group executive (two one-year terms to be filled)
9. Updates on current issues:
- Back Pay
- Joint Consultation and Terms of reference
- Environmental Sensitivities
- Sustainable Development for Museums (Greening CMCC)
- Managers and Directors developing exhibitions
- Credit panel
Other issues to be discussed in the future:
10. New Business
If there are any other matters that you would like to discuss during the meeting, please feel free to let us know in advance so that we can be prepared to answer your questions.
John Willis, on behalf of your Executive
Call for interest
Unfortunately the By-laws were not reviewed this year. Our current By-laws were last reviewed in 1997. The composition of our membership has changed and no longer coincides with the By-laws. The executive have decided to file the two vacant positions by appointment for a one year tem. This will allow us to review the By laws and will ensure that new By-laws are presented and accepted by members at a general meeting before next year election is held. Next year we can elect all positions in accordance with our new revised By-laws.
We are seeking volunteers to fill two one-year term positions. At the AGM we will appoint or conduct an election if more volunteers come forward.