Anthony (Tony) Goddard
Member at Large
- President NCR Statistics Canada CS Sub-group
- President Statistics Canada National Consultation Team
- Member-at-large PIPSC NCR Statistics Canada Statistics Canada Branch
- Member PIPSC Working Group on Consultation
- Member PIPSC Advisory Council
- 15 Years in the Public Service as a CS at Statistics Canada
- Active PIPSC Steward for 11 years
- NCR Statistics Canada CS Sub-group executive member for 11 years, including terms as Secretary, Vice-President and President
- National Consultation Team member for 11 years
- Actively represent PIPSC members at the Labour Management Consultation Committee (LMCC), HR-LMCC, Informal Conflict Management System Steering Committee and other union-management consultation committees.
- 6 years as a Departmental Rep for DPI.
The CS Group is being faced with many threats and challenges. Our working conditions are deteriorating, our jobs are being contracted out and our benefits are being reduced; all while our wages are stagnating at ‘below cost-of-living’ level increases.
The rights and benefits of our members must be protected, including:
- Negotiating the best possible Collective Agreement, without concessions.
- Reversing the trend of contacting out CS jobs in all departments.
- Ensuring our benefits and pension plans are protected.
- Addressing the issues of mental health and stress in our current toxic work environment.
I thank you in advance for your support.