MEMBERS OF THE PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTE TO HOLD RALLY IN MONCTON (N.B.) ON JUNE 1, 2012 IN SUPPORT OF PUBLIC SERVICES
Ottawa, May 31, 2012 – Tomorrow at noon, public service employees represented by the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC) will hold a rally in Moncton to raise awareness of the impact of the federal government’s ongoing attack on the public programs and services that Canadians depend on for their safety and well-being.
Location: Moncton Press Club, 160 Assomption Boulevard
Date: Friday June 1st, 2012
Time: Noon to 1 pm
Special Event: Peanut butter drive in support of Food DEPOT Alimentaire.
- Debi Daviau - Vice-President, the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada
- Jeannie Baldwin - Regional Executive Vice-President: Atlantic, the Public Service Alliance of Canada
- Member of Parliament Dominic LeBlanc (Liberal, Beauséjour)
- Member of Parliament Yvon Godin (NDP, Acadie-Bathurst)
- 12:15 - Welcome (PIPSC Interim Atlantic Region Director Brian Thompson)
- 12:20 to 12:40 - Speeches from invited guests (in order: PIPSC, PSAC, MPs)
- 12:40 - Presentation of food drive proceeds to Richard McLeod of Food DEPOT Alimentaire
- 12:45 Lunch
PIPSC is a founding member of Professionals Serving Canadians (PSC), a coalition of public service unions concerned about the impact of cuts to government programs and services on the well-being of Canadians, their families and their communities. Visit www.SafetyEh.ca, and join the growing number of Canadians who are committed to defending public services.
- 30 -
For further information:
Ginette LeBlanc (506) 874-7775 (cell)
Pierre Villon (613) 228-6310 extension 2228 or (613) 794-9369 (cell)