FALL 2017 BASIC STEWARD TRAINING SESSION
BASIC STEWARD TRAINING
DATE: October 19, 20, 21, 2017- (2.5 days)
LOCATION: Delta Hotel - Winnipeg, Manitoba
MAXIMUM 20 participants – (This course is intended for new stewards only)
The Prairie/NWT Region will be presenting a “Basic Training course” on Thursday, October 19, 2017 commencing at 08:30 a.m. and continuing through to 12:00 (noon) on Saturday, October 21, 2017. Travel must be arranged so that participants are able to attend the entire session.
Please note: In order to attend this course, you must have already submitted your “Steward Application” to Linda Thompson at the National Office.
If you would like to complete a Steward Application Form, please visit the following link:
By the end of the training session participants will have:
- Reflected on the purpose of unions in the workplace and in Canadian society as a whole and on the reasons why they became active in the union;
- Developed a better understanding of their role as steward;
- Familiarized themselves with the structure and internal functioning of the Institute;
- Been provided with an overview of problem-solving mechanisms available to address issues of concern to the members they represent;
- Identified strategies and approaches to help build the union presence in their respective workplace.
The usual rules regarding expenses will apply concerning hotel accommodation, meals, travel expenses and salary reimbursement. See the “PIPSC Travel Policy” which is located online at www.pipsc.ca.
Participants will be contacted to confirm registration and be provided further details regarding the training session.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Edmonton Office at (780) 428-1347 or 1-800-661-3939, Ext. 3421 or Winnipeg Office at (204) 942-1304 or 1-800-665-0094, Ext. 3320
Note: This course will be postponed if there are less than 10 new stewards.
PIPSC Winnipeg Office
Registration Form (PDF)