Prairie / Northwest Territories REGION BASIC STEWARD TRAINING SESSION
BASIC STEWARD TRAINING
DATE: September 9-10-11, 2015 - (2 & ½ days)
LOCATION: The Sutton Place Hotel, Edmonton, Alberta
MAXIMUM 20 participants – (This course is intended for new stewards only)
The Prairie/NWT Region will be presenting a “Basic Training course” on Wednesday, September 9, 2015 commencing at 08:30 a.m. and continuing through to 12:00 (noon) on Friday, September 11, 2015. Travel should be arranged so that participants are able to attend the entire session.
Please note: in order to attend this course, you must have already submitted your “Steward Application” to Linda Thompson at the National Office. If you would like to complete a Steward application Form, please go to the link below. Upon completion, please fax your application to Linda at (613) 228-9048 or 1-800-465-7477.
By the end of the training session participants will have:
- reflected on the purpose of unions in the workplace and in Canadian society as a whole and on the reasons why they became active in the union;
- developed a better understanding of their role as steward;
- familiarized themselves with the structure and internal functioning of the Institute;
- been provided with an overview of problem-solving mechanisms available to address issues of concern to the members they represent;
- identified strategies and approaches to help build the union presence in their respective workplace.
Expenses Reimbursement: The usual rules regarding expenses will apply concerning hotel accommodation, meals, travel expenses and salary reimbursement. See the “PIPSC Travel Policy” which is located online at www.pipsc.ca.
Participants will be contacted to confirm registration and be provided further details regarding the training session.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Edmonton Office at (780) 428-1347 or 1-800-661-3939, Ext. 3421.
Note: This course will be postponed if there are less than 10 new stewards. Also note, due to the timing and added costs of this training, stewards requesting to attend for the purpose of refresher will not be considered.
PIPSC Winnipeg Office