SPRING 2018 BASIC STEWARD TRAINING SESSION BASIC STEWARD TRAINING
DATE: March 15-17, 2018 (2.5 days)
LOCATION: The Matrix Hotel, Edmonton, Alberta
MAXIMUM 20 participants – (This course is intended for new stewards only)
The Prairie/NWT Region will be presenting a “Basic Training course” on Thursday, March 15, 2018 commencing at 08:30 a.m. and continuing through to 12:00 (noon) on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Travel must be arranged so that participants are able to attend the entire session.
Please note: In order to attend this course, you must have already submitted your “Steward Application” to
Linda Thompson at the National Office.
If you would like to complete a Steward Application Form, please visit the following link:
By the end of the training session participants will have:
- Reflected on the purpose of unions in the workplace and in Canadian society as a whole and on the reasons why they became active in the union;
- Developed a better understanding of their role as steward;
- Familiarized themselves with the structure and internal functioning of the Institute;
- Been provided with an overview of problem-solving mechanisms available to address issues of concern to the members they represent;
- Identified strategies and approaches to help build the union presence in their respective workplace.
The usual rules regarding expenses will apply concerning hotel accommodation, meals, travel expenses and salary reimbursement. See the “PIPSC Travel Policy” which is located online at www.pipsc.ca.
Participants will be contacted to confirm registration and be provided further details regarding the training session.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Edmonton Office at (780) 428-1347 or 1-800-661-3939, Ext. 3421 or Winnipeg Office at (204) 942-1304 or 1-800-665-0094, Ext. 3320
Note: This course will be postponed if there are less than 10 new stewards.
PIPSC Winnipeg Office
PIPSC BASIC TRAINING SESSION (Spring 2018)
Basic Steward Training Session Registration Form
- Upon confirmation of acceptance, you are asked to phone BCD Travel at 1-866-768-7624 to make your flight arrangements if required.
- If it’s more convenient for you to drive, please advise the PIPSC Office so that prior approval may be obtained from finance.
- Hotel accommodation will be arranged on the participant’s behalf - Please indicate your requirements below.
Wednesday (March 14)
Thursday (March 15)
Friday (March 16)
No, I do not require a hotel reservation
- Local stewards may stay overnight with a check-in date of Thursday, March 15, 2018 with a check-out date of Saturday, March 17, 2018.
- Out-of-town stewards will check-in on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 and check out on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
- Breakfast, lunch, coffee and snacks will be provided March 15 & 16, 2018. Breakfast only will be provided on March 17, 2018. All other meals will be paid by per diem.
FOOD ALLERGIES OR SPECIAL MEAL REQUIREMENTS:
Please submit this form before January 30, 2018 to:
PIPSC Winnipeg Office
Attn: Bailey Campbell
Suite 960, 363 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB R3C 3N9
Phone: (204) 942-1304 or 1-800-665-0094 ext. 3320
Fax: (204) 942-4348 or 1-800-239-9334