Executive Meeting Minutes– March 27, 2019
- Roll Call
- Brittany, Alexis, Jazz, Vas, Satya
- Review and Approval of Agenda
- by Jazz and Alexis
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Previous minutes not available
- Review of Previous Action Items
- No previous action items
- AGM Planning
- Proposed dates of May 15 or May 29
- Budget and attendance discussed (approx. 40-50 people)
- Possible venues to make it central for JCC and WFCC members
- Brittany to look into venues contact group further about planning
- Report from National AGM (if available)
- Not available
- JCC Quarterly Advisory Council Report (if available)
- Not available
- Approval of Next Year's Budget
- Jazz submits
- Includes allotment for 4 executive meetings a year, $X/person for MRT Social and $X for Holiday Social
8.2 Financial Report
- reviewed by Jazz
- Bargaining Discussions
- Contract end date of Sept. 30, 2019
- Will notify hospital of intent to bargain before that date and current contract will be carried on in good faith until time a new contract is reached
- Survey will go out to members before bargaining begins from PIPSC
- Current bargaining team is Jazz, Rob H., and Vas with Carrie consulted
- To be on team first choice is to have steward training, if no one available an executive member is next choice
- Workplace Issues Discussion
- Processing for cancelling/requesting time off in KRONOS needs to be streamlined
- Acting Manager will be Tammy, CSRTs and Mike will be covering for supervision during certain hours of the day (not for entire days)
- Acting Vice-President
- Not needed at this time
- Proposed By-law Amendments
- Reviewed by Jazz and attached
- Proposed amendments will be attached to notification for AGM for members to review and will be voted on at AGM
- Next Meeting
- Tentatively planned for May 8th @ 6pm
In order to facilitate and simplify the elections process for the executive on the JCC-RT group executive, which includes members from the JCC and Walker sites, I’m proposing a few changes to our group’s constitution. We only have two sites and try to meet in a central location for our AGM. All are invited to attend and cast votes at the AGM.
Proposed changes to constitution
Current: 7.1 Elections Committee The Executive shall appoint an Elections Committee to receive nominations for positions on the Group Executive, and to conduct the elections. Any member of the Elections Committee who becomes a candidate in the election shall resign from the Elections Committee.
Proposed: Elections Committee: The Executive shall appoint an Elections Committee to receive nominations for positions on the Group Executive, and to conduct the elections. If a member of the Elections Committee becomes a candidate in the election, they will not be permitted to participate in the counting of the ballots.
Rational: We have a lack of volunteers to take on duties.
Ballots must be distributed at least four (4) weeks prior to the date set as the deadline for the return of ballots. Ballots must be distributed at least four (4) weeks prior to the date set as the deadline for the return of ballots. In the case of electronic voting, notice of the voting and invitation to vote will be sent out four (4) weeks prior to the close of the election.
Proposed: Elections Ballots will be distributed during the AGM, to the members in attendance.
Rational: We have a simple group dynamic and voting can be done at the AGM. We also don’t normally have any candidates that express interest during our “call out for nominations” before the actual AGM.
Ballots must be received at the National Office of the Institute by the close of business on a date to be determined by the Elections Committee11.
Ballots must be received at the National Office of the Institute by the close of business on a date to be determined by the elections committee.11 In the case of electronic voting, the site will close at the end of the business day on the date decided by the elections committee.
Proposed: Counting of the ballots will be completed at the AGM by two volunteer scrutineers from the floor and one member of the elections committee. In the event that an Election Committee member becomes a candidate in the election, two volunteers and a member of the executive, who is not up for elections, shall count the ballots. Once the votes have been tallied, the results will be announced and the ballots shall be destroyed. Results of the elections will be sent to the National Office along with the draft minutes of the AGM.
Rational: Having a mix of executing and volunteer scrutineers keeps everyone accountable. The results are immediate and the successful candidate can be announced immediately at the AGM.
Current: 7.3.6 The newly elected Executive shall take office immediately following the announcement of the results of the election.
Proposed: The newly elected Executive shall take office the day following the AGM in which they were elected or acclaimed.
Rational: We aim to have the results available immediately at the AGM, this will give any outgoing member an opportunity to finalize their duties at the current AGM before handing off responsibilities to a newly elected or appointed member the following day.